Acting Coach Policies
There are many different ways you can use our Services – to allow Customers to connect to Providers via live video and chat for the purpose of rehearsing and honing their craft. As you use our Services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better Services to all of our Users.
We collect information in two ways:
• Information you give us. When you open an account with Acting Coach, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
• Information we get from your use of our Services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
o Device Information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
o Log information. When you use our Services, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
>details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
>Internet protocol address.
>device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
>cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
o Location information. When you use our Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Acting Coach with information on nearby devices.
o Unique application numbers. Our Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
o Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them. We may also use this information to offer you tailored advertising.
If you have a Acting Coach Account, we may display your profile name, photo, and actions you take on Acting Coach (such as reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services and for any other lawful purpose that we choose.
Information you share
Our Service let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our Services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We may share your information with our partners and clients with your consent.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Acting Coach if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
o meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
o enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
o detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
o protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Acting Coach, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Acting Coach reserves the right to deduct money from broadcasters for breach of contract or for breaking the rules. The following rules must be followed by all performers in all chat areas and in the awards game:
- Nudity - even partial - and sexually explicit content are prohibited.
Broadcasters are strongly advised to refrain from any kind of sexually explicit activity or the imitation of such.
- A person appearing in front of the camera must be registered under the given account. If the account is being used by an unregistered person, all the accounts belonging to the given ID are going to be automatically suspended.
- Children under 18 must not appear in the camera area under any circumstances. Those who violate this rule will have their accounts permanently closed and may not register again.
- Broadcasters are prohibited from leaving the camera area while being online and are expected to be visible in all chat areas.
- Broadcasters are prohibited to be asleep while online.
- Broadcasters must perform the type of content relevant to their selected Category.
- Broadcasters are prohibited to be online without a live camera feed on any part of the website.
- Broadcasters may not broadcast a pre-recorded video instead of a live camera feed. You always need to have a live camera feed in order to be online. Those who violate this rule will have their accounts closed and be banned from the site. Please also note that in this case all earnings will be deducted from the violators.
- Broadcasters are prohibited from giving out, accepting, or encouraging anyone to exchange personal details (real name, address, etc.) or contact information (phone number, email address etc.), apart from public social media profiles that they use for promotional purposes. Those who violate this rule will have their accounts suspended.
- Promoting other websites and services is prohibited. Please keep in mind that we are strictly against any kind of spamming (unwanted promotion of other sites and services). Those who violate this rule will have their accounts suspended.
- Broadcasters are required to communicate with the administrators of the website whenever contacted in the Admin Chat. Those who ignore these requests or close the chat window with an admin will have their accounts suspended until they return to finish the conversation.
- Proper background conditions and an adequate camera feed are essential to do a live stream. Setting up your background and adjusting the focus of your web camera might be difficult. In case you have any problems, please visit our Online Support chat.
- Inappropriate broadcaster behavior and attire, hate speech or such activities is strictly forbidden.
- Asking for money or gifts in exchange for extra services is strictly forbidden on any part of the website.
- Self-votes, abuse of the voting system in the Awards game is forbidden and if detected by our administrators such practices may discredit and/or penalize you and even lead to Awards Suspension.
- Misleading the Member, inactivity in private chat or refusing requests that are within the rules is prohibited.
- The Member Chat may only be used for short intervals. If you spend a prolonged time in the Member Chat, you may be subject to suspension.
Upon violation of any of the aforementioned rules, Acting Coach reserves the right to suspend and/or ban the performers from the service and/or apply a money deduction. Further sanctions for serious violations of the rules may include suspension from Acting Coach.
Acting Coach reserves the right to withhold entire payments in the following cases:
- Unauthorized use of Broadcaster account (used by another person than its registered owner, especially if the unauthorized user is unverified or has been previously banned).
- If the Broadcaster is proven to have registered with a counterfeit/digitally altered I.D. on our site.
- Unauthorized use of Member account, for example if the account holder did not give permission for the use of his/her account to another individual. Sanctions may be utilized (such as withholding of fund, deduction and closing down the account) against any and all persons who profit from this sort of activity.
- If the Broadcaster/Studio is proven to have provided a prerecorded medium in place of a live performance and attempted to deceive the paying visitors with this practice. For such act, the payout for the given period and any pending payment are withheld.
Cancellations & Refunds
We stand behind our services and our commitment to help you perform your best in auditions, interviews and critical meetings. Ultimately, however, it is your own performance in an audition or meeting that counts and so we cannot provide a refund if you are unsuccessful in an interview or meeting.
We have to pay our own costs up front when we commit to provide a workshop or private support for you. In both cases, provided you cancel on not less than 24 hours’ notice before the due date, then we will return the fee paid by you for that workshop or private support, less any costs incurred in arranging your workshop or private support. Otherwise, please contact our support department to determine if your instance warrants refund.
Finally, following attendance at a workshop or private support, if you feel you have under-performed at an audition or in a critical meeting, we invite you contact us if you want a refresher or other help. Depending on your situation and the amount of time that has expired since we first helped you, we may be able to find a solution to help you.